Due to the growing demand for monitoring and controlling various devices using a computer, tablet or telephone on-line, there was a need to design and make a universal device that would constitute a bridge between the device and the Internet.
In this way, a universal Internet gateway was created.
It is used to provide access to the web server for any driver or other device. Its main task is to enable data exchange between the controller and the server application.
Basic features of the gate:
- connection to the Internet via Ethernet (RJ25) port or via WiFi,
- connection to the controller via RS485 or RS422 interface,
- the ability to enable or disable DHCP,
- establishing and maintaining a TCP/IP connection with any server on the Internet at the command of the controller,
- two-way data exchange between the controller and the server via the gateway,
- Micro SD card slot enabling data archiving,
- gateway firmware upgrade via micro USB port.
The gateway together with the server software enables monitoring and controlling any device connected to it.